Focus of this update was updating and unifying all LUTs to a 33^3 cube size for better compatibility with different software packages, in particular Arri Color Tool and Adobe Premiere Pro systems with older Nvidia GPU cards.
As it turns out, many of you are using our 3D LUTs in conjunction with the Arri Color Tool to create in-camera looks for the Alexa Mini for real time color monitoring. Now, all of our LUTs have a 33^3 cube size and they work out-of-the-box with the Arri Color Tool.
In addition, we discovered that some older versions of Adobe Premiere Pro on OS X Yosemite and lower, with Nvidia GPUs have a hard time playing some LUTs of certain sizes. This should be no longer a problem as the new size LUTs should play fine on those systems.
While we made the aforementioned size changes for all of our LUTs, the heart of this update are the 5 new Teal & Orange 3D LUTs which are now part of the professional package. The professional package now offers 99 LUTs, 15 of which are Teal & Orange.
In addition we made some cosmetic changes. Here’s a full list of updates we performed in this update:
- Updated and unified ALL LUT sizes to 33^3 cube size for better compatibility with different software packages, in particular Arri Color Tool and Adobe Premiere Pro systems with older Nvidia GPU cards.
- Updated all Layer Comps files to reflect the new LUTs size change.
- Removed Log Normalization LUTs from the free LUTs package for paying customers. Inclusion of such LUTs was redundant as paying customers already have these LUTs in their packages.
- Added 5 new Teal & Orange 3D LUTs.
- Made some minor cosmetic adjustments to the Panasonic Cine-D and Technicolor Cinestyle Log Normalization LUTs. The old LUTs were not moved to the Legacy downloads as the changes we made are cosmetic and the new LUTs functionality is identical to the old ones.
- Panasonic Cine-D Log normalization LUT
- Technicolor Cinestyle Log Normalization LUT
Color Film Stock, Vintage Film Stock and Free 3D LUTs (for customers) packages versions were bumped to 1.0.2.
Basic, Standard and Professional 3D LUTs packages versions were bumped to 1.0.3.
Free 3D LUTs package version was bumped to 1.1.2.
You can download the updated 3D LUTs packages from the My Account section of our website. Replaced and deprecated legacy 3D LUTs are available for download as well from the My Account section.
As always, should you have any questions please contact us.