When loading images in LUTs Previewer on wide gamut monitors (for example Macbook Pro’s P3 display) you might notice that images appear too saturated.
Firefox is a fully color managed browser, however color management is enabled by default only for images tagged with ICC color profiles. Therefore, when loading untagged images in the LUTs Previewer they will be rendered in full monitor gamut leading to overly saturated colors. To correct this we need to enable color management for all images in Firefox.
- In Firefox type about:config in the address bar
- You will be presented with following warning
- Click on I accept the risk
- In the Search field at the top type gfx.color_management.mode
- Double click the gfx.color_management.mode entry and change the value from 2 to 1.
- Entering 1 under gfx.color_management.mode will enable color management for all rendered graphics.
- Restart Firefox. Your images should be now fully color managed resulting in properly displayed colors.