Applying film grain to you clips is a 2-step process:
1. Placing the film grain clip in a layer above your video clip
2. Changing the blending mode and opacity of the film grain clip
Applying Film Grain
1. Start by dragging the film grain clip and placing it in a layer above your video clip layer.
2. Select the film grain clip on timeline and go to Layer > Blending Mode > Overlay
3. Adjust the opacity of the film grain layer until desired
4. If you need to make the film grain clip longer, select the film grain clip in the Project Panel and go to File > Interpret Footage > Main and select how many times it should loop to reach the desired length.
5. You’ve successfully applied a film grain to your footage.