Decreasing the strength/opacity of a 3D LUT in Adobe After Effects
1. Follow steps 1-4 in the document “How do I apply 3D LUTs in Adobe After Effects?” to apply a LUT to your footage.
2. In the Effect Control panel double click the Apply Color LUT option.
3. In your timeline panel, in the lower left corner, click the little arrow next to Compositing options.
4. Change the Effect Opacity
5. You’ve successfully lowered the strength/opacity of the LUT.
Increasing the strength/opacity of a 3D LUT in Adobe After Effects
In order to be able to increase the strength of a 3D LUT in Adobe After Effects you should apply an additional 3D LUT to an adjustment layer
1. Start by creating a new adjustment layer. Right click in the timeline panel, in the lower left corner and choose New > Adjustment Layer.
2. Drag and drop the Apply Color LUT option from the Effects & Presets window onto the adjustment layer and choose the appropriate LUT.
3. Adjust the opacity of the adjustment layer if the effect is too strong
4. Repeat steps 1-3 if you’d like even more profound effect.
5. You’ve successfully increased the strength/opacity of the 3D LUT.
Footage by Ian Watt.